Since I’ve forked the dockerjekyllpages from DonMcNamara/dockerfiles just over a year ago to run my blog I’ve done some changes – improvements in my eyes. To make them usable for others I frequently built the image on the docker hub and now even tagged release 0.2.0 on GitHub as well as on the docker hub.
- Update base image, ruby and thus jekyll
- Reorganize file structure
- NGINX: also serve pages without .html
- NGINX: deliver 404 status codes
- NGINX: serve custom 404 pages
- Build process: install dependencies from Gemfile
- Build process: specify branch to checkout
- Build process: build from volume
- Update README
My planes for the future can be seen in the issue tracker.
Feel free to use the container and and send me pull requests or just write issues.